Code of Ethics
The owners and employees of Sandex Bis sp.j [registered partnership]. Have developed a Code of Ethics which is a record of the key principles that the company follows in its daily operations.
The Code of Ethics of Sandex Bis sp.j [registered partnership] has been created on the basis of the most important principles governing the operator’s behaviour towards employees, customers, competitors, suppliers and the environment.
Code of Ethics of Sandex Bis sp.j [registered partnership] is the commitment of the company and employees to comply with the highest standards. Superiors at all levels act on behalf of the company and are responsible for personal compliance with the rules and for active creation of conditions for respecting them. Owners and employees are required to follow the rules described in this document and to act in accordance with the examples provided.
Our values are:
- Client satisfaction
- Honesty and reliability
- Trust and cooperation
- Improvement and development
Sandex Bis sp.j [registered partnership] promotes sustainable development, striving for a balance between economy, ethics and ecology. In its business activities, the company is guided by high ethical standards, building partnership relations with clients, employees, suppliers and the environment – in particular with local government administration, media and public benefit organisations.
Sandex Bis promotes honest and hard work. It supports the development of employees and provides them with safe and decent working conditions. Sandex Bis guarantees that everyone will be respected in terms of their rights and dignity. The company is not allowed to discriminate on the basis of origin, sex, beliefs, preferences and membership in organisations operating in accordance with the law.
Sandex Bis recognises that ethical conduct includes compliance with applicable social and legal standards as well as with the principles described in this Code.
Examples of appropriate behaviour:
- We serve all clients with openness and kindness, regardless of the scope of cooperation and the level of turnover.
- We actively meet the client’s needs, trying to stay ahead of their expectations and looking for improvements in cooperation.
- In case of emerging problems, we advise the client and together we look for the best solutions.
- We do not promise impossible services or activities.
- If we can’t meet customer expectations, we always explain why.
- We keep our clients and associates informed of any changes that may affect our systems and the way we provide services.
- We inform the client quickly and reliably about quality deviations in the execution of the order or service
- We answer letters, e-mails and phone calls efficiently and without undue delay.
- We reduce the “information noise”, e.g. we send e-mails only to people interested or related to a given case.
Honesty and reliability
In our contacts with customers, employees and partners, we comply with the law and generally accepted standards. We value truthfulness and take responsibility for our actions. We disseminate good behaviour and respond to reprehensible behaviour by others.
Examples of proper behaviour
- We care about the high quality of customer service and we are aware of personal responsibility for our work.
- We keep our contractual obligations and oral promises.
- We keep the deadlines and promises made to clients, e.g. we arrive on time to an agreed meeting, we deliver our offers on the agreed date.
- We carefully check the information before passing it on to the client or colleagues
- We provide reliable information on customer inquiries, e.g. on the status of the order.
- We follow changes in resolutions, orders and procedures on an ongoing basis and translate them into our duties.
- We admit to our mistakes and strive to correct them. Anticipating further consequences, we react to the mistakes of colleagues so that they can also be corrected.
- We react to all attempts of corruption and dishonesty using, inter alia, the intervention / complaint procedure.
- We fulfil the terms of cooperation. In the event of obstacles, we look for optimal solutions that are mutually beneficial.
We strive to constantly raise the standards and quality of our work in order to achieve our goals. We have the knowledge and skills necessary to perform our tasks. We are consistent in action.
Examples of proper behaviour
- We know our obligations, we have clearly defined goals and we know the methods of their implementation. We provide employees with access to information necessary to perform their duties.
- We respect the time of our clients, suppliers and associates.
- We care about the good name of our clients and ensure the security of information obtained during cooperation.
- We respect the confidentiality of information relating to prices, terms of cooperation and any other data that would infringe the interests of Sandex Bis, the interests of our customers and suppliers, or applicable legal regulations.
- We make promises to the client in line with our current capabilities and accepted standards.
- We precisely define the terms and conditions and avoid
understatements and misunderstandings in cooperation with both customers and suppliers.
- We treat knowledge about our competition as an impulse to improve our services. When dealing with clients, we do not speak negatively about our competitors.
- We are aware that our actions affect the image of Sandex Bis on the market.
Trust and cooperation
While performing our duties, we build partnerships. We are open and friendly towards customers and associates. We take care of our credibility by keeping our promises. We help each other effectively by sharing knowledge and information.
Examples of proper behaviour
- We create an atmosphere of open and direct expression of our opinions. Every opinion is valuable.
- We treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- In every situation when we compete with each other (e.g. internal competitions) we follow the principles of fair play.
- We promote the actual authors of successes and achievements, we do not take credit for other people’s successes.
- We always react when we see that someone is performing work in a dangerous way that threatens life and health.
- If we see that a colleague is very busy with work, we help him as much as possible.
- We do not leave unfinished business to colleagues.
- We evaluate employees and suppliers on the basis of clearly defined criteria known to both the assessed and the evaluator.
- We strive for amicable settlement of disputes in an atmosphere of camaraderie and respect for dissenting views. Our likes and dislikes cannot affect the performance of tasks.
- We are aware that the company’s interest is more important than the group and local interest.
Improvement and development
We constantly and actively strive to change for the better. We gain new knowledge. We care about the development of our skills. We are proactive. Instead of complaining, we improve processes by proposing new solutions and eliminating errors.
Examples of proper behaviour
- We are constantly looking for improvements to the processes in which we participate. We treat emerging problems as new experiences that are an opportunity to change for the better.
- We monitor and actively react to changes in the organisation, among our clients and competitors. We do not deny the introduced innovations without understanding their purposefulness.
- We creatively develop ideas that appear in various places of the organisation and strive to implement them.
- We create conditions for the development of innovation.
- We admit to ignorance or incompetence. We actively strive to acquire competence with the support of our supervisor. We don’t make the same mistakes twice.
- We are jointly responsible for the results of the trainings in which we participate (together with the organisers and trainers). We use the knowledge and skills acquired during training to improve our daily work.
- We share knowledge and ideas. We use meetings and e-mails as sources of inspiration and communication of good practices, strengthening our competences.
- We educate ourselves and raise qualifications, with particular emphasis on areas that directly relate to our work.
- We are not afraid to express and accept criticism, seeing it as an opportunity for improvement. Openness to criticism is especially important in the case of bosses and directors. In criticism, we focus on things, not people.
- We treat inspections and audits as an impulse for improvement and development.
Conflict of Interests Customers, Suppliers and Competition
Sandex Bis follows the principle of transparency in the conduct of its activities. Everyone working in the company is required to avoid relationships and circumstances that could create ethically questionable situations. We strictly adhere to the prohibition to derive material benefits in the form of money from our suppliers and other business partners. We treat the violation of such a ban as a gross breach of official duties.
We do not accept or provide financial rewards to customers and suppliers. We build good relations with partners based on a professional approach and clear and transparent rules of cooperation. When choosing a supplier, we rely on the advantages of the offered product or service and fair competition rules. Before the tender starts, clear criteria for selecting a supplier should be established. All suppliers participating in the tender should have access to uniform information on the terms of the tender. The choice of supplier cannot be decided by a person who is closely related to the provider of the service or products. The supplier should be selected by at least 2 people. In dealing with Sandex Bis employees with customers or competitors, we avoid situations that may create a conflict between the employee’s personal interest and the interests of our company. Any social contacts of a Sandex Bis employee with employees of the client or competitors should not affect the terms of cooperation or the work performed.
Restrictions on employment
We do not consciously create situations of a conflict of interest. Such a fact cannot be concealed. The occurrence of such a situation should be reported to the supervisor.
A Sandex Bis employee may – only with the consent of the supervisor – simultaneously work for our customer or supplier company, as long as this does not conflict with Sandex Bis. First of all, it must not be competitive to Sandex Bis and must not adversely affect the performance of the employee’s duties in the company.
Data protection – Information security
All data and information obtained or produced in the course of performing official tasks are the property of Sandex Bis and may be used only in its interest.
We do not pass on confidential information intended for internal use without the consent of the supervisor.
We take care to provide only reliable information.
Information that may have an impact on the achievement of benefits by Sandex Bis or allow to limit the negative consequences should be immediately passed to the superiors.
We use devices, systems and information in accordance with Sandex Bis’ internal procedures and applicable law.
Compliance with legal standards – Protection of the company’s interests
We do not use working at Sandex Bis for any unauthorised personal gain. Contacts with customers and suppliers may not be used to obtain preferential purchasing opportunities. We also do not derive any other material benefits in connection with the function and position held.
Each employee is responsible for protecting Sandex Bis property and customers’ property from theft, loss, damage, misuse and destruction.
We follow internal and external legal standards for financial reporting and the rules of the Sandex Group.
Out of concern for the natural environment, we use only eco-friendly technologies and do not exceed the applicable environmental protection standards.
We run our business so that it is not burdensome for our neighbours. We strive to reduce exhaust emissions and noise levels.
We try to reuse packaging and produce as little waste as possible. We conduct waste management through its segregation and modern utilisation.
We try to use materials and raw materials that are as least harmful to the environment as possible. We put human life and health as well as environmental safety first.